Master of Science in Infectious Disease Epidemiology
The MIDAS Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics (CCDD) offers an exciting scholarship opportunity to qualified applicants who apply to the Master's program in Epidemiology with a concentration in Infectious Disease & have an interest in mathematical modeling. The CCDD will provide an annual salary of approximately $20,000 per academic year; HSPH has generously agreed to award the chosen applicant(s) with a full tuition scholarship* for their two-year MS degree.
Our goal is to educate the next generation of infectious disease researchers by providing them with advanced training in model design and analysis, biostatistics (especially as applied to infectious diseases), decision analysis, and the biological basis of infectious diseases.
Students with mathematics, statistics, computer science, and other quantitative science backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!
Please visit the Infectious Disease Epidemiology Concentration website to learn more, review the course work, and to read about our current students.
Students must satisfy all the requirements below:
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Applicants must be from a quantitative science background or have taken several quantitative classes beyond intro level courses
- Applicants must be from at least one underrepresented group in biomedical research, which is defined by meeting the NIH's criteria below:
- People with disabilities
- People from disadvantaged and low socioeconomic status
- Annual family income below established low-income thresholds, based on family size (see: http://ow.ly/CaRv5)
- Racial and ethnic groups such as blacks or African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, American Indians or Alaskan Natives, and Native Hawaiians or other Pacific Islanders.
How to apply for this opportunity:
- Students must apply to the Harvard School of Public Health using the online SOPHAS application. Visit the website of the HSPH Office of Admissions for further instructions.
- Please select “Infectious Disease Epidemiology” under Area of Interest.
- Complete online the CCDD Scholarship Application here via Qualtrics.
For questions, please contact Outreach Manager, Melanie Larsen
*Please note that a tuition scholarship does not include fees