2018 Conference Dates: November 29-30, 2018
Application Deadline: August 31, 2018
Conference Location: Boston, MA
Early applications are strongly encouraged. We give priority to those students who have not attended the conference before; we will still consider your application if you are a past attendee.
Survey questions will prompt you to provide:
- Contact Information
- Demographic Information
- Academic Information
You will be asked to upload (in an MS Word doc/docx or PDF):
- 1) Resume
- 2) Personal Statement (1-2 pages)
- Note: The personal statement should describe your academic and professional interests, your interest in public health, your experience and strengths in quantitative sciences and/or mathematics/mathematical modeling, and why attending this conference is beneficial to your academic pursuits.
- 3) Academic Transcript
- Note: Unofficial copies are acceptable to avoid a fee. Only PDF format is acceptable.
- 4) Verification of Eligibility Form
- Note: an advisor or professor must sign this form to verify that you are an undergraduate student or student in a post-baccalaureate program, and that you are in good standing at your program/institution and are from an underrepresented minority group.
Students must satisfy all the requirements below. Applicants must be/have:
- U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals or permanent residents of the U.S.
- undergraduate students or students in a post-baccalaureate program
- from an underrepresented group(s) in biomedical research, which includes:
- racial and ethnic groups that are underrepresented, such as: Blacks or African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos/as, American Indians or Alaskan Natives, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders
- students with disabilities
- students from an economically disadvantaged background (requirements: https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines)
- students who are first-generation college students
- a GPA of 3.0 or above
- from a quantitative science background OR have taken several quantitative classes beyond introductory-level courses.