- This event has passed.
What is endemicity? What are the shared goals of COVID-19 response?
March 9 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This webinar will feature Bill Hanage and will be hosted jointly by Boston University’s Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases Policy and Research (CEID) and Harvard Kennedy School’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs. Learn more. Register here.
“This public discussion will explore questions such as:
- How do we differentiate between epidemic and endemic phases, and why does this matter?
- What factors contribute or detract from COVID-19 crisis receding? (variants, vaccines, treatments, population demographics, longevity of immunity)
- Are there signs can we look for to herald that COVID-19 is no longer in a pandemic phase?
- What would a world with endemic COVID-19 look like? Should that be our goal? How do we make sure such endemicity reflects better health equity in the long run?
- Are there active roles that we each as average citizens can play in moving collectively towards reducing impact of COVID-19 in the long term?
- What can we do to address societal hope for a ‘new normal’ amidst a great deal of pandemic fatigue that currently exists?”